Monday, March 06, 2006

A quick update...

The last month or so has been very busy at university with a number of deadlines in the next couple weeks. This won't be anything particularly deep or interesting; just a brief update for the people that know me...

Ok, so another pathway is over and our special study units are upon us - what fun?! With the deadlines for about four 2000 word essays and a number of other articles aoon for sumission I don't think its unreasonable to say I (like most of my year) am very, very tired. I won't dwell on this too much though as I've really enjoyed the last few weeks...

I stopped drinking after New Year and to this date I have only slipped once (at a house party where a drink 3/4 pints of cider). This cessation of booze and change in diet (general not fad) has led to me losing 17lbs since new year and I am rather happy about this as according to the wonderfully accurate fatty caculator - the Body Mass Index (BMI) - I am now "overweight" and no longer "obese". Anyone who knows me will know what a pile of crap I think this particular measure is as I don't think many people would see me in the street and think "there goes a fatty".

Enough of a rant on that... I bought a weights bench today! This may confuse people who I have been telling that I've been doing weights for the past two months. Previously i've been only using dumbbells and a swiss ball and decided that to do bench press and and squats properly I needed a bech with a rack so i don't damage my back lifting from the floor.

Anyways, there's the update. Hopefully will write gain soon. Please prompt me if you're waiting for an update!!!